According to the latest report by Future Market Insights, the global bromine market is estimated to be worth US$ 2.4 Bn in 2021. With a large share in oil and drilling applications, bromine and its derivatives are seeing high demand growth in the US.
High demand for bromine derivatives and Clear Brine Fluids (CBFs) is seen in the US which is seeing an uptick in drilling and exploration activities for oil.
Increasing incidence of fire accidents has created demand for materials with fire-retarding properties. As bromine compounds possess fire resistant properties, they are being used extensively in flame retardants.
Despite the ongoing pandemic, players in the bromine market are engaging in smart procurement moves for bromine and its derivatives in order to preserve their margins. Efforts are also being undertaken to secure long-term strategic liaisons by manufacturers with their customers and partners to offtake production and keep plants operational in the interim.
Request a sample to obtain authentic analysis and comprehensive market insights at- https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-658
Key Takeaways of Bromine Market
- Flame retardants account for the largest share in the bromine market. Despite stringent regulations banning brominated flame retardants, this segment will showcase strong growth through 2031
- Asia Pacific was the largest regional market for Bromine in 2019. Within this region China accounted for 13% bromine production
- With high uptake of bromine as a flame retardant in electronics manufacturers are re-shoring to regions within Asia Pacific on back of cost-effective raw materials and cheap labor
- High recyclability of hydrogen bromide along with virgin bromine brines is upping the overall production of bromine globally
COVID-19 to Compound Challenges of Refiners
Bromine and in particular, the chemicals industry, will feel the impact of COVID-19 in the near term. The bromine market like other major chemical sectors will continue to face supply chain disruptions owing to outbreaks in various regions.
Regions such as Asia Pacific, North America and Europe which have till now remained key producers of bromine may feel the adversarial effects of the pandemic and prevailing uncertainty in capital markets.
Discover more about report analysis with figures and data tables, along with the table of contents. Ask an Analyst- https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-658
Slackening growth in consumer goods, automotive and the construction sector is also impacting the demand for brominated flame retardants in these end-use industries. Refineries producing bromine are facing significant challenges with facility shutdowns.
Bromine Market – Competitive Intelligence
The market structure for bromine is highly consolidated with leading stakeholders’ producers accounting for three-fourth of the supply. With technological advancements in bromine and its derivatives as well as collaborative ventures between major players, the market is witnessing high growth in pharmaceuticals, construction, electronics and oil & gas.
- Israel Chemicals Ltd, headquartered at Tel Aviv, is one of the leading players in the market manufacturing elemental bromine. With an estimated capacity of 280,000 MT of bromine per year, the company serves diverse sectors such as construction, pharma, energy and automotive. To reduce its overall operating cost the company looks at establishing new pumping stations in locations around the Dead Sea to maintain bromine production. The company also collaborated with Albermarle Corporation to develop a new generation of polymeric flame retardants with reduced emissions
- Lanxess AG, headquartered in Germany offers brominated flame retardants which are primarily being used in building insulation. The company recorded a strategic milestone with its acquisition of Chemtura, a US company which has made it one of the most important players in the additive market and has also given it a foothold in urethanes and organometallics divisions
Contact Sales for Further Assistance in Purchasing this Report- https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/checkout/658
Future Market Insights (FMI) is a leading provider of market intelligence and consulting services, serving clients in over 150 countries. FMI is headquartered in Dubai, the global financial capital, and has delivery centers in the U.S. and India. FMI’s latest market research reports and industry analysis help businesses navigate challenges and make critical decisions with confidence and clarity amidst breakneck competition. Our customized and syndicated market research reports deliver actionable insights that drive sustainable growth.
Future Market Insights
Unit No: AU-01-H Gold Tower (AU), Plot No: JLT-PH1-I3A,
Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai,
United Arab Emirates
For Sales Enquiries: [email protected]
For Media Enquiries: [email protected]