Lab Automation Market By Product (Equipment, Microplate Readers, Software & Informatics), By Application (Drug Discovery, Clinical Diagnostics, Proteomics Solutions), By End User (Forensic Laboratories, Environmental Testing Labs, Food & Beverage Industry) & Region – Forecast to 2021-2031
Prolific developments in life sciences, characterized by rapid AI penetration, industry-wide proliferation of cloud technology, and possible therapeutic connotations of previously contraband substances such as marijuana are amongst some key developments that have led to the emergence of a trillion dollar global pharmaceutical industry in recent years. This has eventually led to swift automation of laboratory settings, providing credible stimulus to the global lab automation market, according to a recent report published by consulting firm Fact.MR.
To remain ‘ahead’ of your competitors, request a sample
According to the report, the market is poised to experience significant gains, posting a CAGR exceeding 7% through 2031. Increasing number of grants disbursed to facilitate advanced drug development & clinical diagnostic research is responsible for bulk of the market’s growth. For instance, the EU Commission, in March 2021, advanced a grant to eTheRNA Immunotherapies, to accelerate the development of a novel and potentially best-in-class therapeutic mRNA cancer vaccine to treat recurrent HPV16+ head and neck cancers. The grant amounted to € 6.9 million.
Growth prospects have further heightened since the onset of COVID-19, with healthcare providers scrambling to deploy precise and advanced diagnostic services, as well as accelerate drug and vaccine development. Consequently, overall healthcare spending rose to US$ 1.4 trillion, representing over 30% increase since 2015. Additionally, a host of government initiatives in key markets have greatly helped augment spending on lab automation, a trend likely to continue over the coming years.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- By product, demand for integrated automated workstations to expand at a rapid pace
- Biotechnology & pharmaceutical industry experiencing major uptake of lab automation systems
- By application, drug discovery and clinical diagnostics to collectively capture a lucrative share
- Voluminous biopharmaceuticals manufacturing to elevate lab automation deployment across the U.S.
- The U.K. to generate fresh revenue ecosystems amid high reliance on in vitro diagnostics
- Growing R&D initiatives by government and non-governmental entities bolstering France and Germany’s growth prospects
- India and China to emerge as lucrative hotspots amid increasing need to offset asymmetries in efficient lab testing mechanisms
“Growing irregularities in quality diagnosis & drug development due to high error margins are prompting healthcare providers to invest in the most contemporary lab automation solutions, driving market growth,”comments a Fact.MR analyst.
Speak To Research Analyst For Detailed Insights
Thermo Fisher Scientific, PerkinElmer, Agilent Technologies, Hudson Robotics, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Siemens Healthineers, Hamilton Robotics, Bio-Rad Laboratories, bioMerieux SA, Becton Dickinson & Company, Qiagen NV, Danaher Corporation, and Hudson Robotics are some prominent lab automation equipment and software providers profiled in Fact.MR’s report.
- With regard to solution offerings, Siemens Healthineers provides the SIMATIC SIPAT Process Analytical Technology, facilitating the right-first-time production via Quality by Design (QbD) transfer of previously downstream quality controls into the manufacturing process itself. The software helps healthcare settings become more flexible with regard to production expansion, new product launches, and entry into new markets.
- Similarly, Bio-Rad Laboratories offers its CFX Automation System II, a robotic plate handler compatible with all CFX RT-PCR Detection Systems to enable walk-away, high throughput qPCR operation in a simplified format. This systems generates large volumes of data and rapid data analysis. It is ideally suited to meet the high throughput RT-PCR requirements of today’s drug discovery and screening workflows.
More Insights Available
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the global lab automation market, presenting historical demand data (2016-2020) and forecast statistics for the period of 2021-2031. The study divulges essential insights on the market on the basis of product (equipment and software & informatics), application (drug discovery, clinical diagnostics, genomic solutions, and proteomics solutions), and end-user (biotechnology & pharmaceutical industries, research & academic institutes, hospitals & diagnostic laboratories, forensic laboratories, environmental testing labs, and food & beverage industry), across five major regions of the world.
Key players analyzed in the Lab Automation market study:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Agilent Technologies
- Hudson Robotics
- Qiagen NV
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Danaher Corporation
Key Segments Covered
- Automated Workstations
- Automated Liquid Handling
- Automated Integrated Workstations
- Pipetting Systems
- Reagent Dispensers
- Microplate Washers
- Microplate Readers
- Multi-mode Microplate Readers
- Single-mode Microplate Readers
- Automated ELISA Systems
- Automated Nucleic Acid Purification Systems
- Software & Informatics
- Workstation/Unit Automation Software
- Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
- Electronic Laboratory Notebook
- Scientific Data Management System
- Drug Discovery
- Clinical Diagnostics
- Genomics Solutions
- Proteomics Solutions
- Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Industries
- Research & Academic Institutes
- Hospitals & Diagnostic Laboratories
- Forensic Laboratories
- Environmental Testing Labs
- Food & Beverage Industry
Full Access of this Report Is Available at
On the basis of region, the Lab Automation market study contains:
- Australia & New Zealand
- South Korea
- South Africa
The report covers following Lab Automation Market insights and assessment that are helpful for all participants involved in the Lab Automation market:
- Data on recently introduced regulations and their impact on key industries and on demand in Lab Automation market
- Latest industry Analysis on Lab Automation Market, with key analysis of market drivers, trends, and influencing factors
- Key trends Analysis of Lab Automation Market and changing consumer preferences in major industries.
- Changing Lab Automation demand and consumption of diverse products
- Major trends underlining funding by key investors in numerous countries
- New investment opportunities in diverse technology and product or service types
- Comprehensive data and Competitive analysis of Lab Automation major players
- Lab Automation Market sales in US will grow at a steady pace, driven by growing consumer confidence and economic recovery
- Lab Automation demand forecast in Europe remains stable, as many countries such as UK, France, and Germany focus on boosting growth
Key Questions in Lab Automation Market Research Report:
- What are the current scenarios and key trends in the Lab Automation Market Industry?
- What key strategies are companies adopting to grow their consumer base?
- What are the key categories and future potential of Lab Automation Market?
- What are the key Lab Automation Market drivers and what are their projected impacts in the short, medium and long term?
- What is the size of the Lab Automation Market and what are the opportunities for the key players?
Market research and consulting agency with a difference! That’s why 80% of Fortune 1,000 companies trust us for making their most critical decisions. While our experienced consultants employ the latest technologies to extract hard-to-find insights, we believe our USP is the trust clients have on our expertise. Spanning a wide range – from automotive & industry 4.0 to healthcare & retail, our coverage is expansive, but we ensure even the most niche categories are analyzed. Our sales offices in United States and Dublin, Ireland. Headquarter based in Dubai, UAE. Reach out to us with your goals, and we’ll be an able research partner.
Contact:US Sales Office:
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583