A signal transformer is used in electronic devices as a step-up/step-down, impedance matching, or isolating component. Increased advancement in technology pertaining to electronics drives growth of the signal transformer market. Power transformers that carry high current are not suitable for use as signal transformers. A transformer is an electrical device comprising two coils mounted on a core, namely primary and secondary. The basic principle of working is that when the primary winding is connected to a current supplying source and a signal passes into it, an electromagnetic force (EMF) is produced.
Get | Download Sample Copy with Graphs & List of Figures:
Signal transformers find applications in electronic devices, especially those pertaining to telecommunication, radio frequency, audio, video, and other general purposes. Signal transformers are used when the signal from one circuit is transferred to another circuit and it needs to be coupled, or stepped up or down or amplified, depending on the requirement. Signal transformers are also used for phase shifting from stage to stage in an electronic device. Signal transformer products have provided unparalleled innovative application-specific solutions to the electronics industry for more than 50 years.
On the basis of the type of signal used in signal transformers, they are classified into digital, audio, electronic, RF, telecom/LAN. Digital transformers carry signals comprising discrete values, as opposed to analog signals. Whereas, audio transformers are used for voice and data transmission with receivers, amplifiers, speakers and audio cables. The operational frequency range for these transformers typically ranges from 300 Hz to 20 kHz. Electronic transformers are voltage or current transformers used to test electronic devices.
Signal transformer applications:
- Step-up/down:transformers that step the signal up or down between two circuits or devices
- Isolation:prevents signal crossing and current leakage between circuits
- Impedance matching:used to match impedances between two different devices, such as a speaker and an amplifier. If the impedance varies, the signal will get distorted and its quality will deteriorate
- Lighting:used in lighting applications
- Inverters:used in power conversion inverters
North America is forecasted to hold a relatively large market share among all regions in the coming future. This can be attributed to evolution in the electronics industry in the region, along with high imports and exports. Europe holds the second spot in terms of market share, followed by the APAC region. Growth in the APAC region is spearheaded by China, owing to innovation in the field of electronic devices and the presence of manufacturing companies in the region.
For More Information or Query or Customization Before Buying, Visit:
Global Signal Transformer Market: Key Trends and Drivers
Advancements in the telecommunication industry, rapid rise in technology, and the increased rate of usage of audio and video devices are factors that drive the signal transformation market. Signal transformation is frequently used in audio applications to match impedance or isolate signals. Adopting new technologies in RF radio frequency applications drives market growth for signal transformers. The evolving electronics industry utilizes signal transformers as a means of protecting electronic devices, which in turn drives growth of the market.
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Segmentation of the global signal transformer market on the basis of type:
Segmentation of the global signal transformer market on the basis of application:
- Impedance matching
Segmentation of the global signal transformer market on the basis of package type:
- Flat pack
- Surface mount
- Through hole technology
Segmentation of the global signal transformer market on the basis of industry:
- Radio frequency
Ask Us Your Questions About This Report:
Examples of some of the market participants identified across the value chain include Toko Inc., Pulse Electronics Corporation, Bel, Shenyang Railway, Murata, Halo Electronics, Hammond ,Macom, Wurth Electronics,Tdk.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint