Dry eye syndrome is a lifestyle diseases caused by long-term exposure to computer screen, resulting in reporting of the higher incidence rates across the developing economies. Also, this factor has pushed various ophthalmology care providers to educate and create awareness about the syndrome.
One such example is the Narayana Nethralaya, a super specialty eye hospital based out of India, a dedicated lab to diagnose and treat dry eyes. This lab aims to provide patients with awareness about eye lid problems such as Meibomian gland dysfunction, which lead to the development of dry eye syndrome.
To remain ahead of your competitors, request for a sample – https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-1215
Also, similar trend is observed in developed market such as U.S. Various government awareness campaigns and not for profit initiatives try to create awareness about the dry eye disease to the population that does not have access to eye care facilities. Eye Care America is an example of a public service organization run by the American Academy of Ophthalmology Foundation that provides free eye care through volunteer ophthalmologists.
Further, those who are age 65 or older and who have not seen an ophthalmologists in three or more years may be eligible to receive a comprehensive, medical eye exam and up to one year of care at no out-of-pocket cost. This consequently will increase the utilization of dry eye treatment products and drive the growth of the dry eye syndrome treatment market during the forecast period. .
|Data Points||Market Insights|
|Market Value 2021||USD 4.52 Bn|
|Market Value 2022||USD 4.80 Bn|
|Market Value 2031||USD 8.84 Bn|
|Market Share of Top 5 Countries||53.4%|
|Key Players||The key players in dry eye syndrome treatment market are Allergen plc. (Abbvie), Novartis AG, Otsuka Pharmaceuticals Co., Ltd., Bausch Health Companies, Inc. Akron, Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Inc., Thea Pharmaceuticals Limited, OASIS Medical, Altaire Pharmaceuticals Inc., Boiron USA, Similasan Corporation, Scope Ophthalmics Ltd., Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC, Medicom Healthcare Ltd, FDC Limited., Lupin Limited, Jamjoom Pharmaceuticals Co., and Sentiss Pharma Private limited.|
Key Takeaways from Dry Eye Syndrome Treatment Study
- Greater acceptance of artificial tears owing to improved patient comfort leads the artificial tears segment to account for the maximum share of 60.8% in 2021, expanding at 7.1% CAGR during the forecast period.
- By prescription, Rx prescriptions are projected to account for 71.3% of the market share in 2022 indicating highest demand, since majority of population visit hospitals to get the checkup done, in turn increasing the numbers of Rx prescriptions.
- Retail pharmacies, as distribution channel held the largest share of 60.8% in 2021 and is expected to grow with the same trend throughout the forecast period.
- By region, North America held the largest share of 37.6% of the dry eye syndrome treatment market in 2021 indicating the growth due to high prevalence and high treatment adoption rate in North America.
Get a Tailored Made Report to Match Your requirements, Ask from Market Research Expert – https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/ask-question/rep-gb-1215
“Growing incidence of dry eye syndrome due to growing aging population, and long working hours (increase in screen time) to drive the demand of Dry Eye Syndrome treatment products over the Decade,” says the FMI Analyst
Who is winning?
The leading companies of dry eye syndrome market are Allergen plc. (Abbvie), Novartis AG, Otsuka Pharmaceuticals Co., Ltd., Bausch Health Companies, Inc. Akron, Inc., Johnson & Johnson, Inc., Thea Pharmaceuticals Limited, OASIS Medical, Altaire Pharmaceuticals Inc., Boiron USA, Similasan Corporation, Scope Ophthalmics Ltd., Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC, Medicom Healthcare Ltd, FDC Limited., Lupin Limited, Jamjoom Pharmaceuticals Co., and Sentiss Pharma Private limited.
Some of the leading manufacturers of dry-eye-syndrome treatment market focuses on the product launch and approvals with global expansion objectives, thereby, enhancing their market presence.
- In January 2021, SIFI an Italy based international ophthalmic company launched SYNFO for moisturizing and lubrication in dry eye treatment.
- In December 2020, Alcon Canada announced the launch of its new product Systane an ultra-hydration lubricant eye drops preservative free containing Hyaluronic acid and HP-guar
- In November 2020, Santen Pharmaceutical launched Cationorm categorized as artificial tear for moisturisation and long lasting relief to dry eye.
Want more insights?
Future Market Insights brings the comprehensive research report on forecasted revenue growth at global, regional, and country levels and provides an analysis of the latest industry trends in each of the sub-segments from 2016 to 2031. The global dry eye syndrome treatment market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present a complete market intelligence approach to the reader.
The study provides compelling insights on dry eye syndrome treatment segment based on Product (Cyclosporine, Topical Corticosteroids, and Artificial Tears Punctal Plugs (removable, dissolvable), oral omega supplements, and others), prescription (Rx, OTC, Medical Device), distribution channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Eye Health Clinics, Retail Pharmacies, and Online Pharmacies) across seven major regions.
For in-depth insights, Download a PDF Brochure – https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/brochure/rep-gb-1215