The global operating room integration market size is anticipated to reach USD 3.5 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 11.0% from 2021 to 2028. Increasing redevelopment projects and the adoption of advanced healthcare IT solutions in hospitals is a major factor boosting market growth. Operating Rooms (OR) are increasingly becoming complex and congested due to the requirement of devices during surgeries such as surgical lights, operating tables, and surgical displays. Integrated Operating Rooms (I-ORs) is becoming a solution for this complexity in ORs.
Though digitization was now high on the agendas of most companies, the COVID-19 pandemic speeded up the paradigm shift towards digitization in 2020. Besides, the trend towards digital ORs was also quickened up by the pandemic. Thus, the COVID-19 crisis created new opportunities to innovate and new ways to create value in the evolving healthcare world. For instance, in March 2021, Olympus has introduced EASYSUITE, a next-generation OR integration solution, in the EMEA area. EASYSUITE features video management and routing, medical content management, procedure recording, and virtual collaboration. As a result, with the introduction of EASYSUITE, the company promoted digitalization in surgery and boosted its position in the EMEA territory.
Request Free Sample Report: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/operating-room-integration-market
Operating Room Integration Market Highlights
- OR integrated services are expected to witness the fastest growth rate in coming years owing to the growing demand from ambulatory surgical centersand hospitals
- The documentation management systems segment dominated the market in 2021 owing to the associated benefits such as data management with minimal errors
- Demand for fully integrated solutions to automated surgical workflows is growing in accordance with the requirements to access all the necessary information on a single platform. This helps in expediting the surgical procedure and eliminates the need for various devices arranged all over in the operating room
- The orthopedic surgery segment is anticipated to show a lucrative CAGR owing to its growing demand. There is an increase in the number of cases of orthopedic conditions, including osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, and ligamentous knee injuries
- North America dominated the market as of 2021, which is attributable to supportive government initiatives promoting the adoption of surgical automation, telemedicine, and other advanced technologies to support the use of integrated solutions in operating rooms
- Market players are involved in extensive research for the development of cost-efficient and technologically advanced OR integration solutions. Subsequently, the introduction of such solutions is expected to provide the market with lucrative growth opportunities.
- In April 2021, Barco proclaimed its partnership with Sigma – Jones | AV LLP to deliver best-in-class digital experiences in healthcare for its next-gen operating room video integration solution Nexxis
Key Companies & Market Share Insights
The industry is fragmented with a large number of players operating in this sector. The key players are focusing on implementing new strategies such as regional expansion, mergers, and acquisitions, improving their application portfolio through innovation, partnerships, and distribution agreements to increase their revenue share and mark their presence in the market. For instance, in April 2021, Barco launched surgical teleconferencing, telementoring, and teleassistance solution called NexxisLive as a secure cloud-based platform for ORs. While, in April 2021, caresyntax’s digital surgery platform was selected as part of a pilot program by the American Board of Surgery to enhance surgeon certifications with video-based assessments.
Likewise in January 2020, Caresyntax announced the installation of 16 digital ORs in Calvary Adelaide Hospital in South Australia with its digital OR integration platform, PRIME365. These types of initiatives are attributing to the increasing penetration of I-ORs in the coming years. Furthermore, Innovations like these by the established market players focused on introducing integrated OR platform globally is likely to propel market growth. Some of the prominent players in the operating room integration market include Stryker, Braiblab AG, Barco, Dragerwerk AG & Co. KGaA, Steris, KARL STORZ SE & CO. KG, Getinge AB, Olympus, Care Syntax, Arthrex, Inc.
Browse Full Report (Tables & Figures) @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/operating-room-integration-market