According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global sleep apnea devices market for the historical period 2017–2028 and forecast period 2021–2028, rise in demand for home sleep apnea tests (HSATs) is projected to drive the global sleep apnea devices market during the forecast period
Rise in Prevalence of Obstructive Sleep Apnea Disorder (OSA): Key Driver
- Obstructive sleep apnea is a prevalent disease, in which people continuously halt or reduce their breathing while sleeping. This leads to restless, fragmented sleep, which could cause symptoms such as morning headaches and daytime lethargy.
- Obstructive sleep apnea affects people of all ages; however, it is more common in people over the age of 60. The precise incidence is unknown; however, it is thought to be between 2% and 14%. Obstructive sleep apnea is linked to a number of health problems including hypertension, coronary artery disease, cardiac arrhythmias, and depression.
- Obesity, one of the major sleep apnea risk factors, is on the rise, and contributes to the increase in prevalence of sleep apnea
Large Number of Undiagnosed Sleep Apnea Patients
- Sleep disorders, including sleep apnea, have emerged as a major public health concern in the U.S. Sleep apnea affects an estimated 22 million people in the U.S., with 80 percent of moderate and severe obstructive sleep apnea cases going undiagnosed.
- OSA, which accounts for the majority of cases, can lead to high blood pressure, chronic heart failure, atrial fibrillation, stroke, and other cardiovascular problems if left untreated. It is linked to type 2 diabetes and depression, and is a factor in a number of traffic accidents and accidents involving heavy machinery due to the persistent drowsiness experienced by many OSA patients before the disease is recognized and treated.
Enquiry Before Buying: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=EB&rep_id=588
High Cost of Sleep Apnea Devices
- The most common treatment option for people with sleep apnea is continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) device
- These machines are available in various sizes and styles. The price varies depending on the brand, type, and features. A CPAP machine can cost anywhere from US$ 250 to US$ 1,000 or more at retail.
- Similarly, in emerging markets such as India, the lack of medical coverage provided by public or private insurance companies restrains the market in the region
- Lack of awareness about obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) in emerging countries is expected to hamper market growth during the forecast period
Request a custom report https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=CR&rep_id=588
Sleep Apnea Devices Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global sleep apnea devices market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global sleep apnea devices market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a number of international as well as regional players
- Leading players operating in the global sleep apnea devices market are
- ResMed, Inc.
- BMC Medical Co., Ltd.
- Braebon Medical Corporation
- Compumedics Limited
- Devilbiss Healthcare LLC
- Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Limited
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Löwenstein Group
- Oventus Medical
- Panthera Dental
- SomnoMed Limited
- Whole You (Subsidiary of Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.), among others
About Transparency Market Research
Transparency Market Research registered at Wilmington, Delaware, United States, is a global market research firm that offers market analysis reports and business consulting. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insights for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools & techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
For More Research Insights on Leading Industries, Visit our YouTube channel –
Transparency Market Research Inc.
CORPORATE HEADQUARTER DOWNTOWN,
1000 N. West Street,
Suite 1200, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 USA
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]