According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global gene therapy market for the historical period 2017–2019 and forecast period 2021–2028, promising therapeutic outcomes, new product approvals & commercialization, high prevalence, and increase in incidence of cancer are projected to drive the global gene therapy market during the forecast period
New Product Approvals & Commercialization: Major Driver
- Increase in competition among the leading biopharmaceutical companies to approve and commercialize gene therapy products in different areas of unmet medical needs to gain the first mover advantage is expected to boost the growth of the gene therapy market during the forecast period
- For instance, in May 2016, GlaxoSmithKline’s gene therapy product, Strimvelis, received marketing approval for the treatment of patients with a very rare disease called ADA-SCID (Severe Combined Immunodeficiency, due to Adenosine Deaminase deficiency). Strimvelis is the first ex-vivo stem cell gene therapy to be approved in Europe for the treatment of ADA-SCID.
- In August 2017, the U.S. FDA approved Novartis AG’s flagship gene therapy product Kymriah for the treatment of children and adults up to the age of 25 years affected with B-cell precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)
High Prevalence and Increase in Incidence of Cancer: Key Driver
- High prevalence and increase in incidence rate of different types of cancers for which complete cure has not been developed is a key factor expected to drive the global gene therapy market during the forecast period
- Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL), a type of white blood cell cancer, is a highly common aggressive form of non-Hodgkin lymphoma in adults. DLBCL affects around 7-8 cases per 100,000 population in the U.S. and the U.K. In the U.S., every year, around 7,500 patients are eligible for the treatment CAR-T cell therapy. DLBCL accounts for around 40% of all non-Hodgkin Lymphoma cases globally.
- Gene therapy products Yescarta and Kymriah have been approved for the treatment of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) and acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), respectively
Enquiry Before Buying: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=EB&rep_id=1838
High Cost of Gene Therapy and Limited Reimbursement to Hamper Global Market
- Gene therapy is a highly expensive treatment available in the world. High cost of gene therapy and limited reimbursement deter patients from availing treatment. Consequently, gene therapy companies have not generated the expected revenue.
- For instance, Spark Therapeutics Inc.’s gene therapy product Luxturna, for the treatment of retinal dystrophy, is priced US$ 8,50,000 per treatment, making it the world’s most expensive gene therapy.
- High price of gene therapy products is creating challenges for payers to make up front payment to these companies. However, biopharmaceutical companies, payers, and government institutions are working together to develop different pricing models for the reimbursement of gene therapy products.
Ask for a custom report https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=CR&rep_id=1838
Gene Therapy Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global gene therapy market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global gene therapy market is consolidated, with the presence of five major global players
- Leading players operating in the global gene therapy market are
- Novartis AG
- Orchard Therapeutics Limited
- Celgene Corporation
- Spark Therapeutics, Inc.
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Sibiono GeneTech Co. Ltd., among others
About Transparency Market Research
Transparency Market Research registered at Wilmington, Delaware, United States, is a global market research firm that offers market analysis reports and business consulting. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insights for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools & techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
For More Research Insights on Leading Industries, Visit our YouTube channel –
Transparency Market Research Inc.
CORPORATE HEADQUARTER DOWNTOWN,
1000 N. West Street,
Suite 1200, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 USA
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]