The market for ignition interlock devices in North America is expected to generate sales of US$129.5 Mn by the end of 2033, up from a 2022 demand estimate of US$ 53.4 Mn. The market for ignition interlock devices in North America is anticipated to reach US$ 129.5 Mn by 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 8.5% from 2023 to 33.
An advanced breathalyser installed in cars to assess the blood alcohol content (BAC) of the driver, the ignition interlock device requires the driver to blow into it to provide a sample of his breath. The vehicle won’t start if the amount of alcohol in the breath sample exceeds the device’s pre-set limit. A tool for preventing drunk driving is the ignition interlock device.
Get a Sample Copy of Report @ https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/samples/9170
|North America Ignition Interlock Devices Market Size (2022)||US$ 53.4 Mn|
|Projected Market Value (2033)||US$ 129.5 Mn|
|North America Market Growth Rate (2023-2033)||8.5%|
|Fuel Cell Technology Market Share (2022)||58.5%|
|US Market Share (2022)||58.9%|
|Commercial Market Share (2022)||56.6%|
Ignition interlock devices (IIDs) are in-car breathalyzers that prevent a vehicle from starting if the driver’s blood alcohol concentration (BAC) exceeds a pre-set limit. These devices are typically required for individuals convicted of driving under the influence (DUI) or driving while intoxicated (DWI) offenses, and are also used as a condition of probation, parole, or reinstating a driver’s license.
The North American ignition interlock devices market is expected to grow in the coming years, driven by increasing regulations and laws mandating the use of IIDs for individuals convicted of DUI or DWI offenses. In the United States, for example, all 50 states have laws requiring the use of IIDs for certain offenders, and several states are considering expanding the use of these devices to all convicted drunk drivers.
The market is also driven by advancements in technology that make IIDs more compact, user-friendly, and accurate. Additionally, the availability of wireless and GPS-enabled IIDs that can provide real-time monitoring and reporting of a driver’s BAC and compliance with the device are also expected to drive market growth.
The high cost of IIDs may be a barrier for some users, and some individuals may try to bypass or tamper with the devices. However, the increasing regulations and laws mandating the use of IIDs, coupled with the advancements in technology, are expected to drive the growth of the North American ignition interlock devices market in the coming years.
Overall, The North American ignition interlock devices market is expected to grow in the coming years due to increasing regulations and laws mandating the use of IIDs for individuals convicted of DUI or DWI offenses, as well as advancements in technology that make these devices more compact, user-friendly, and accurate.
Ask for Customization @ https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/request-customization/9170
What Are the Key Factors Driving the Ignition Interlock Devices Market?
In order to ensure road safety, governments are also trying to encourage and impose new mandates for the implementation of these devices. Every December in the United States is designated as “National Impaired Driving Prevention Month,” and Intoxalock, a leading name in the ignition interlocks industry, has agreed to support this initiative in 2020. With this endorsement, it was intended to raise awareness about the initiative as well as the use of its ignition interlock devices.
- In May 2021, The Riverside Company’s value-based private equity arm has acquired Alcohol monitoring systems, Inc. (dba SCRAM Systems), a producer of technology-enabled monitoring solutions and cutting-edge offender management software for the state and local judicial systems and corrections departments.
- In February 2022, Alcohol monitoring solutions (DBA Scram Systems), the largest manufacturer of alcohol and location monitoring devices and software, made an announcement of a collaboration with CourtFact, a leader in the field of software and smartphone applications used in the law enforcement market. The CourtFact suite of software products is now available through the SCRAM Systems Partner channel as a result of this new collaboration.
Companies in the market are also concentrating their efforts on product development and strategic alliances with a variety of other vendors in order to diversify their product portfolio and meet the needs of an increasing customer base. The creation of new services and partnerships is critical in this environment.
- In April 2021, Smart Start LLC introduced the innovative FLEXTM ignition interlock device as well as cost savings for in-car breathalyzer users. The NHTSA-certified FLEX employs Smart Start’s revolutionary FLEX-CalTM technology, which includes a revolutionary fuel cell module that can be easily replaced. These patented technologies enable contactless calibration of the FLEX ignition interlock device right away.
- In December 2022, the DC DMV announced a new mandatory device for substance-abuse driving offenders. The driver will be issued a restricted DC DMV driver’s license and will only be able to operate designated vehicles with an ignition interlock device installed.
- Smartstart Inc.
- Eaton Corporation
- Lifesafer Inc.
- Alcohol Countermeasure System Inc.
- Drägerwerk AG & Co.
- KGaA, Monitech, LLC.
- Alcohol Detection Systems, Inc.
Key Segments of North America Ignition Interlock Devices Market Research
- Fuel Cell Technology
- Semiconductor Technology
By End Use:
Buy Report Now @ https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/checkout/9170
About the Electronics, Semiconductors, and ICT Division at Persistence Market Research
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations – the Electronics, Semiconductor, and ICT team at Persistence Market Research helps clients from all over the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repository of over 500 reports on electronics, semiconductors, and ICT, of which, 100+ reports are specific for ICT, the team provides end-to-end research and analysis on regional trends, drivers for market growth, and research development efforts in the electronics, semiconductor, and ICT industry.
Persistence Market Research
Address – 305 Broadway, 7th Floor, New York City, NY 10007 United States
U.S. Ph. – +1-646-568-7751
USA-Canada Toll-free – +1 800-961-0353
Sales – sales[email protected]
Website – https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com