In 2021, the market for hepatitis B vaccines was estimated to be worth USD 7.53 billion. From 2022 to 2029 the market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 4.5%, rising from USD 7.80 Bn in 2022 to USD 10.62 Bn. Hepatitis B vaccine demand has been lower than expected in all regions likened to pre-pandemic levels, which is a result of the outstanding and staggering COVID-19 pandemic. According to our analysis, the market for hepatitis B vaccines globally showed a decline of 11.0% in 2020 compared to 2019.
The Hepatitis B Virus (HBV), a major contributor to cirrhosis, chronic hepatitis, and hepatocellular carcinoma, is a serious public health concern around the world. Due to perinatal transmission from infected mothers to their newborns at birth or in contact with an infected person’s body fluids, the prevalence of hepatitis B cases has significantly increased (such as blood or saliva).
Get Sample PDF Brochure: https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/enquiry/sample/hepatitis-b-vaccine-market-107098
Key Points Covered In Hepatitis B Vaccine Market
- The global hepatitis B vaccine market is expected to grow at a significant rate due to increasing awareness about the disease and the availability of effective vaccines.
- The increasing prevalence of hepatitis B, particularly in developing countries, is a major driver for market growth.
- The increasing adoption of vaccination programs by governments and other organizations is also expected to boost the market growth.
- The availability of different types of hepatitis B vaccines, such as recombinant and plasma-derived, is also expected to contribute to market growth.
- However, the high cost of hepatitis B vaccines and the lack of access to healthcare in certain regions may act as a restraint on market growth.
High Potential Advantages of Combination Vaccines to Augment Market Growth
The market is segmented by type into single antigen and combination. Among types, the combination segment accounted for the larger market share in 2021.
Increasing Immunization Rates will Augment the Hospitals & Retail Pharmacies Segment
Based on distribution channel, the market is segmented into hospitals & retail pharmacies, government supplies, and others. The hospitals & retail pharmacies segment accounted for the highest hepatitis B vaccine market share in 2021 due to the large volume of product sales owing to the first vaccination dose administered before the discharge of newborn infants from hospitals.
On the basis of region, the market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa.
To Get This Report Customized, Visit: https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/enquiry/customization/hepatitis-b-vaccine-market-107098
The report presents a systematic study of the market segments for the hepatitis B vaccine and a thorough analysis of the market overview. A thoughtful evaluation of the current market trends as well as future opportunities are offered in the report. Moreover, it presents an exhaustive analysis of the regional insights and how they help to form the hepatitis B vaccine market growth.
Drivers and Restraints:
- High Adoption of Combination Vaccines to Boost Market Progress
- Traditional recombinant vaccines are produced in yeast or bacterial cells using a DNA fragment that has been removed from the bacterium or virus and introduced into the manufacturing cells.
- Recombinant DNA technology has the advantage of producing an ideal immune response against hepatitis B and is cost-effective when produced utilizing yeast-based recombinant proteins, with improved product safety. However, adults receive reduced seroprotection from standard single-antigen vaccinations, which only work against all known subtypes of HBV.
North America to Lead Backed by Increased Incidence of Hepatitis B Virus
The market in North America, which was valued at USD 2.60 billion in 2021, is expected to dominate the global market throughout the projected period. The biggest market share for hepatitis B vaccines is held by the North American region, which has benefited from the increased prevalence of hepatitis B disease.
In terms of revenue and market share, Europe is the second-most dominant continent. Due to numerous regional action plans that European government authorities had put in place, the HBV market in Europe held a sizable share.
The market in Asia Pacific is primarily driven by the region’s increasing hepatitis B prevalence, with vaccine manufacturers concentrating on fund-raising and cross-industry partnerships for development.
Quick Buy – Hepatitis B Vaccine Market Report: https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/checkout-page/107098
Acquisitions Initiated by Key Companies to Promote Market Growth
The leading players in the market constantly opt for efficient strategies to bolster their brand value as well as promote global market growth. One such efficient strategy is acquiring competitive companies and further securing a profit for both companies.
Key Industry Development:
August 2021: To speed up the applicability of mRNA technology for the study and development of novel vaccines, Sanofi announced the purchase of Translate Bio Inc. The company’s R&D facility advanced as a result of this strategic acquisition, and the pipeline of products was produced more effectively.
List of Key Players Mentioned in the Report:
- GSK plc (U.K.)
- DYNAVOX TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION (U.S.)
- VBI Vaccines Inc. (U.S.)
- Sanofi (France)
- Merck & Co., Inc. (U.S.)
- Beijing Minhai Biological Technology Co., Ltd. (China)
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. (U.S.)
- Beijing Tiantan Biological Products Co., Ltd. (China)
- Amy Vaccine Co., Ltd. (China)
- Shenzhen Kangtai Biological Products (China)
Fortune Business Insights™ offers expert corporate analysis and accurate data, helping organizations of all sizes make timely decisions. Our reports contain a unique mix of tangible insights and qualitative analysis to help companies achieve sustainable growth.
Our team of experienced analysts and consultants use industry-leading research tools and techniques to compile comprehensive market studies, interspersed with relevant data.
Fortune Business Insights™ Pvt. Ltd.
US: +1 424 253 0390
UK: +44 2071 939123
APAC: +91 744 740 1245
Email: [email protected]