The fabric conditioners market registered a value CAGR of nearly 2.5% during the period 2013 to 2018. The fabric conditioners industry is focusing on offering superior performance products to expand their customer base.
Europe will remain the leading market for fabric conditioners, with sales estimated at over US$ 3,200 Mn in 2018. Key market players in the region are focusing on encapsulating enzymes in fabric conditioners and detergents, for making them reusable. Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ) is expected to remain a high-growth market for fabric conditioners, with sales projected to record a Y-o-Y growth at over 4% in 2019 over 2018.
For more insights into the Market, Request a Sample of this Report:
Key Growth Determinants:
- Consumer demand for innovative and superior quality products has been encouraging vendors to launch fabric conditioners with unique packaging, technology, and quality at competitive prices.
- Growing focus of the fabric conditioners industry on portfolio extension by including novel products, to gain a competitive edge, continues to remain a key growth influencer.
- Increasing awareness on water pollution and environmental issues, linked with the laundry care products, has been providing an impetus to the development of eco-friendly fabric conditioners, and encouraging manufacturers to take green initiatives.
- Demand for fabric conditioners remains significantly upheld by commercial end-users, who have directed their focus toward providing softness and elasticity retention, while eliminating problems associated with fraying and squashing the fabric.
- Development of coconut oil-based fabric conditioners is being viewed by manufacturers as a more environment-friendly, hygienic, and economically feasible solution compared to the conventional product formulations. Lower cost and enhanced properties of these fabric conditioners is expected to drive their sales, in turn favoring the market growth.
- Blended by perfume experts, the Honeysuckle & Sandalwood fabric conditioner, launched by Comfort, offers long-lasting fragrance, and super softness, while maintaining the shine and color of clothes. Aroma of rich sandalwood sweetened with honeysuckle, along with delicious hints of exotic frangipani and vanilla, are key ingredients of Comfort’s Honeysuckle & Sandalwood fabric conditioner.
- Procter & Gamble Co. launched its first plant-based range of Downy fabric conditioners, designed and developed for protecting clothes against damage during wash. With this product, the company aims at encouraging consumers to incorporate plant-based products in their daily chores. These fabric conditioners are produced by using post-consumer recycled content (25%), and have been claimed to be 100% recyclable.
- Unilever PLC, the U.K.-based leading company in the FMCG industry, operating through home care, beauty & personal care, and food & refreshment products. Overall revenues of Unilever PLC closed in on US$ 57 Bn in 2018. Unilever PLC has gained popularity as one of the largest producers of laundry care products, thereby contributing to the fabric conditioners industry to a significant extent.
- Headquartered at Germany, Henkel AG & Co. KgaA has been a leading manufacturer and supplier of home and laundry care products. It has significantly contributed to the laundry and home care industry by offering fabric conditioners, softeners, detergents, kitchen & bath cleaners, scouring agents, and all-purpose cleaners. The revenues of the Henkel AG & Co, KgaA exceeded US$ 22 Bn in 2018.
- Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc, based in the U.K., has been one of the largest manufacturer of home, hygiene, and health products. Overall revenues of the company in 2018 crossed US$ 16 Bn. Identified as one of the prominent companies in the laundry care industry, Reckitt has launched various products including stain removals, fabric washing products, fabric conditioners and detergents.
- The U.S.-based manufacturer and supplier of consumer products, Colgate-Palmolive Company operates via two main segments, namely, home, personal & oral care and pet nutrition. Laundry care products are also among major offerings of the company, including high-performance detergents and fabric conditioners. Total turnover of the Colgate-Palmolive company in 2018 surpassed US$ 15 Bn.
Fabric Conditioners Market: Segmentation
- Dryer Sheet
- Other Forms (Sprays,Pacs, etc.)
· Sales Channel
- Modern Trade
- Independent Retailers
- Direct Sales
- Departmental Stores
- Convenience Stores
- Online Retail Channel
- Drug Stores & Pharmacies
- Other Retail Formats
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific (Excluding Japan)
- Middle East & Africa
For in-depth competitive analysis, Buy Now:
Questionnaire answered in the Market Outlook Report of Fabric conditioners include:
- What is the key strategy deployed by large players to maximize Fabric conditioners Market growth?
- What are the main challenges faced by players in the Fabric conditioners Market Demand?
- With the advent of technological advancement, how will the Fabric conditioners market landscape change over the forecast period?
- What does player bring to the table which is unique as a strategy, and is easy to emulate for new investors in the Fabric conditioners market size?
US Sales Office :
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583
E-Mail: [email protected]