The global medical waste management market was valued at USD 12.7 billion in 2021 and it is anticipated to grow up to USD 25.4 billion by 2031, at a CAGR of 7.2% during the forecast period.
Get Access to A Free Sample Copy of Our Latest Report – https://www.globalinsightservices.com/request-sample/GIS24307
Medical waste management is the process of handling, transporting, and disposing of medical waste in a safe and responsible manner. Medical waste includes anything that may be contaminated with blood or other body fluids, including sharps (needles, lancets, etc.), lab samples, and used personal protective equipment (PPE). Medical waste management is an important part of any healthcare facility’s operations. Healthcare facilities must have policies and procedures in place to ensure that medical waste is properly handled and disposed of.
Market Trends and Drivers
Increasing volume of medical waste globally is expected to accelerate the market statistics
Medical waste is usually generated at healthcare facilities including hospitals, dental practices, blood banks, clinics, medical research facilities as well as laboratories. For instance, according to the World Health Organization (WHO), 85% of waste generated in the healthcare sector is general and non-hazardous waste. The remaining 15% is hazardous waste which may be infectious, radioactive, or chemical that might be harmful to the environment.
Similarly, according to the Center for Science and Environment (CSE), biomedical waste in India grew from 559 tonnes per day in 2017 to 619 tonnes per day in 2019. Moreover, the number of hazardous waste generating units in the country increased by 3.5%, leading to a decline of almost 7% in hazardous waste generation. Hence, these attributes will boost the demand for medical waste management proving favorable for the overall market progression.
Read Full Research Report – https://www.globalinsightservices.com/reports/medical-waste-management-market/
Market Restraints and Challenges
Lack of awareness about the health hazards related to health-care waste, inadequate training in proper waste management, absence of waste management and disposal systems, insufficient financial and human resources and the low priority given to the topic are the most common problems connected with health-care waste may impede the market growth. Poor waste collection leads to environmental and marine pollution and can block water drains. Resulting flooding and other standing waters in waste items favour cholera and vector-borne diseases such as malaria and dengue.
Request For Customization – https://www.globalinsightservices.com/request-customization/GIS24307
Major Players in the Global Medical Waste Management Market
The key players in the medical waste management market are Biomedical Waste Solutions. LLC, Clean Harbors, Inc., Daniels Sharpsmart, Inc., Gamma Waste Systems, GRP & Associates, Inc., Republic Services, Inc., Stericycle, Triumvirate Environmental, Veolia Environmental, Waste Management Inc., among others.
According to WHO, around 30% of healthcare facilities globally are not equipped to handle medical waste loads. The global medical waste management market experienced tremendous pressure during the COVID-19 pandemic due to the high demand for healthcare waste management services. There is a large concern about hazardous medical waste produced during the COVID-19 pandemic and the risks of contamination associated with waste management. According to WHO, till now, around 10,000 tons of extra medical waste has been generated in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. While countries were actively procuring commodities such as personal protective equipment, PPE kits, diagnostic test kits, disinfectant chemicals, and vaccines, less attention and resources were allocated to the safe and sustainable management of COVID-19-related medical waste.
By Type of Waste
- Collection, Transportation, & Strong Services
- Treatment and Disposable Services
- Recycling Services
By Waste Generator
- Laboratory and Research Centers
- Nursing Homes
With Global Insight Services, you receive:
- 10-year forecast to help you make strategic decisions
- In-depth segmentation which can be customized as per your requirements
- Free consultation with lead analyst of the report
- Excel data pack included with all report purchases
- Robust and transparent research methodology
New Report Published by Global Insight Services –https://www.globalinsightservices.com/reports/hydrogen-projects-database/?utm_source=utm_source%3Dopenpr_pranali_pawar&utm_medium=member_desktop
About Global Insight Services:
Global Insight Services (GIS) is a leading multi-industry market research firm headquartered in Delaware, US. We are committed to providing our clients with highest quality data, analysis, and tools to meet all their market research needs. With GIS, you can be assured of the quality of the deliverables, robust & transparent research methodology, and superior service.