New York, The Automatic Identification System (AIS) is a system used for tracking and identifying vessels. It is a transponder system that broadcasts a vessel’s position, course, and speed. AIS is used by maritime authorities and traffic control centers to monitor vessel traffic and prevent collisions. It is also used by vessels to avoid collisions and to track other vessels in their vicinity.
Request for a sample data and methodology of Report: https://www.globalinsightservices.com/request-sample/GIS21526/
Some of the key trends in AIS technology include:
1. Increased accuracy and coverage: AIS signals can now be received and processed more accurately thanks to advances in satellite and terrestrial communication systems. In addition, the coverage of AIS has been expanded to include more remote areas, such as the Arctic and Antarctic regions.
2. Enhanced data interoperability: AIS data can now be seamlessly integrated with other data sources, such as GPS and radar, to provide a more complete picture of maritime traffic. This enhanced data interoperability is essential for effective traffic management and collision avoidance.
3. Automated data analysis: The increasing volume of AIS data being generated has made manual data analysis impractical. Advanced data mining and machine learning techniques are now being used to automatically extract useful information from AIS data, such as vessel trajectories, traffic density maps, and risk assessments.
4. Cybersecurity: As AIS data is increasingly transmitted and processed electronically, there is a growing risk of cyber attacks. To address this threat, AIS data encryption and authentication mechanisms are being developed to protect the data from unauthorized access and tampering.
The Automatic Identification System (AIS) is a system used for monitoring and tracking vessels. It is a transponder system that automatically broadcasts a vessel’s position, course, and speed. AIS is used by maritime authorities for safety and security purposes, as well as by ship operators for navigation and fleet management.
The key drivers of the Automatic Identification System market are the increasing need for maritime safety and security, the growing number of vessels equipped with AIS, and the increasing use of AIS for fleet management.
The International Maritime Organization (IMO) has mandated the use of AIS on all international voyages, which has driven the adoption of AIS in the maritime industry. The IMO mandate requires vessels to be equipped with AIS transponders that broadcast their position, course, and speed.
Get Customized Report as Per Your Requirement: https://www.globalinsightservices.com/request-customization/GIS21526/
The Automatic Identification System Market is segmented by platform, class, application. On the basis of platform the market is segmented as vessel-based platform, onshore-based platform. On the basis of class the market is segmented as class A AIS, class B AIS, AIS base stations. On the basis of application the market is segmented as fleet management, vessels tracking, maritime security, others. Region-wise the market is divided into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World.
The Automatic Identification System Market includes players such as CNS Systems, Comar Systems Ltd., ComNav, exactEarth, Furuno Electric Co. Ltd., Japan Radio Co., Kongsberg Gruppen, L3Harris Technologies, Orbcomm Inc. and SAAB AB.
Purchase this report and Get a flat 50% Discount: https://www.globalinsightservices.com/checkout/single_user/GIS21526/
With Global Insight Services, you receive:
- 10-year forecast to help you make strategic decisions
- In-depth segmentation which can be customized as per your requirements
- Free consultation with lead analyst of the report
- Excel data pack included with all report purchases
- Robust and transparent research methodology
About Global Insight Services:
Global Insight Services (GIS) is a leading multi-industry market research firm headquartered in Delaware, US. We are committed to providing our clients with highest quality data, analysis, and tools to meet all their market research needs. With GIS, you can be assured of the quality of the deliverables, robust & transparent research methodology, and superior service.
Global Insight Services LLC
16192, Coastal Highway, Lewes DE 19958
E-mail: [email protected]